Ultherapy is the gold standard in non-invasive skin tightening, producing a remarkable improvement in skin quality on neck, chin, brow, and décolletage. Ultherapy emits micro-focused ultrasound waves deep into the skin structure, lifting and tightening skin for a smoother, younger look that improves over time, with no recovery or downtime.
A fresh, youthful facial appearance is important to both men and women. Unfortunately, the aging process will eventually take hold, and the brows, cheeks, and neck are the most common areas that show signs of aging first. Surgery is an option for people who are aging quicker than they would like to be. However, it can entail a long recovery. Because of the latest advancements in cosmetic procedure technology, surgical procedures are not the only options for patients. One of the newer aesthetic treatments in the industry is Ultherapy®. Ultherapy® is designed to tighten aging facial skin and lift the face using ultrasound energy. Patients can reverse the effects of gravity and achieve smoother, younger-looking skin without having to undergo an invasive surgery.
What is Achieved with Ultherapy®?
Elimination of Sagging Skin
Ultherapy® works by heating the tissues and stimulating collagen renewal, helping to lift and condition the skin. After one to two treatments, patients will notice the skin is lifted and rejuvenated. Their face will appear more youthful and revitalized.
When the facial tissue has lost its volume and started to sag, it causes wrinkles, fine lines, and creases to develop. Aging indicators such as wrinkles can be frustrating. Ultherapy® targets the cause of sagging in the tissues to create smoother facial skin, resulting in reduced fine lines and wrinkles.
The appearance of a person’s face can affect his or her self-image. The development of sagging skin can change how people view themselves. They might steer away from social events or posing for photos. After Ultherapy®, patients are confident in how they look and can’t wait to show off their newly refreshed face.
What Does Ultherapy Entail?
During your consultation with Dr. Pontell, he will evaluate your facial skin and discuss your goals with you. He will examine your facial tissue and help you decide if Ultherapy® will provide you with the most aesthetically pleasing results. Candidates who are considering this procedure typically have lax skin of the cheeks, folds between the nose and corners of the mouth, downturned corners of the mouth, marionette lines, and poor definition of the jawline. Patients should be in good health and understand all aspects of the procedure.
Ultherapy® involves the use of micro-focused ultrasound energy applied to the dermal layer and the deep fibro-muscular support layer of the facial tissues. The energy will heat the tissues to stimulate collagen renewal. The areas typically targeted are the upper face and brows, the cheeks, the lower face, and the neck. Like facelift surgery, Ultherapy® is designed to treat the SMAS, the deeper muscle layer of the face.
Patients can return to work and normal activities following the procedure. Some patients may experience facial redness that alleviates within an hour. The skin may be sensitive for the first few days.
Ultherapy® is a non-surgical procedure and does not involve any scarring.
Patients might experience some discomfort after Ultherapy® that will slowly diminish. In the interim, patients can use TYLENOL® to manage any pain they may have.
How Many Ultherapy® Treatments Are Necessary?
Most patients will see satisfying results within three months of their first treatment. However, some patients may require two Ultherapy® sessions spaced about six months apart to achieve full results. Dr. Pontell can help you determine if subsequent treatments are necessary to help you maintain your rejuvenated facial skin.
Ultherapy Near Me
If you're in or nearby Main Line, Pennsylvania, Dr. Pontell's cosmetic facility center is right there in your area! Although we have many patients coming in from out of town to get their procedures done by Dr. Pontell and his staff, we serve many locals as well. Schedule your consultation today to get started on your Ultherapy today.
Will I still look like myself after Ultherapy®?
Ultherapy® provides very natural results. Most patients will not show any signs of having “work” done. Since Ultherapy® does not involve surgery, patients will appear younger and more refreshed without having any surgical scarring or long recovery times.
When will I see results?
The results from Ultherapy® develop gradually. Most patients see noticeable results in three months.
Will I have to go to a hospital for Ultherapy® treatment?
Ultherapy® is an in-office procedure and is completed within 45 minutes. There is no anesthesia required, and patients will be in and out on the same day. If necessary, medication can be prescribed before to provide comfort.
Can Ultherapy® be combined with other treatments?
Some patients may have other concerns such as hollows, wrinkles, and dark spots they would like to address along with their Ultherapy® treatment. These issues can be addressed with facial injectables, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and laser skin resurfacing.
Patient Notice Regarding COVID-19
Our patients, visitors, employees and family are our top priority at The Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery Center Inc.. At this time we are taking extra precautions to maintain the highest possible standards of safety and cleanliness consistent with the advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) while continuing to provide the highest level of medical care.
- We always maintain the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Hand washing is strictly followed and sanitizer is available to all staff and patients.
- If you have traveled in the past 14 days to countries with widespread transmission or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled to any of these countries in the past 14 days, please notify the front desk and we will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness, please notify the front desk and we will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If we notice that you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness, we will reschedule your appointment.
- If your appointment is rescheduled for the above reasons and you are in need of immediate treatment, please call your family physician for advice and instructions.
- We request that you refrain from bringing visitors to your appointment unless they are needed to assist you.
- Nonessential visitors will be asked to wait in their car or outside of the office.
Effective March 18, 2020:
- Consultations will take place remotely or via phone.
- Injectable procedures such as Botox and fillers will be postponed through the end of March.
- Post operative visits requiring suture removal will take place as scheduled, but non essential follow ups will be postponed through the end of March.
- If you have a surgical procedure scheduled in March we will contact you to discuss.
- All emergencies will be seen.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your cooperation
- Your team at The Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery Center Inc.
Get Started Send Us A Message